Learning at this Level is likely to be for children in P5, P6 and P7, but it can be earlier or later for some. It is the role of the teacher/facilitator to decide when a child or group should be learning at this Level. An indication is given of content that could form the starting point of work, with progression to other topics also indicated.
If you have any technical difficulties with digital content, for example on platforms like YouTube, please check our Using digital content/URLS information. To use the slides provided, first download/’save as’ and then open from your download folder/desktop location.
To support flexibility in delivery no timings are offered for the learning activities described here, the children may enjoy a lot of conversation or to spend time on related activities.
The Activity Plans are not a script, they are a suggested approach with some proposed activities to support teaching and learning. If you are a confident practitioner, you might dip in and out of the activities. If you feel you will benefit from more of a structure, then you can use what is suggested. This may depend on the topic.
- Part 1: Names of parts of my body
- Part 2: My body is changing (inc menstruation)
- Part 3: Feelings and puberty
- Part 4: Personal hygiene
- Part 1: What is a friend?
- Part 2: Making and Keeping Friends
- Part 3: Online-Offline Friends
- Part 1: Stereotypes and Equality
- Part 2: Being Fair
- Part 3: Being transgender
- Part 1: What is consent?
- Part 2: My body is mine
- Part 1: Where do we go online?
- Part 2: Being smart online
- Part 1: When I feel safe / Feel unsafe
- Part 2: My 5 trusted individuals
- Part 3: Bullying
- Part 4: Physical Abuse and Neglect
- Part 5: Sexual abuse
- Part 1: My Feelings
- Part 2: My Body
- Part 3: When I feel sad or worried
- Part 1: What is love?
- Part 2: Being attracted to someone
- How human life begins – pregnancy – birth (Activity plan)
- How human life begins – pregnancy – birth (Slides)
- Part 1: What does a parent/carer need to know and do?
- Part 2: If I were a parent or carer
- Understanding human sexuality (Activity plan)
- Understanding Human Sexuality (Slides)
- Human Sexuality: Flower Activity Resources:
- Human Sexuality (Colour Prop 1)
- Human Sexuality (Colour Prop 2)
- Human Sexuality (Colour Prop 3)
- Human Sexuality (Colour Prop 4)
- Human Sexuality (Colour Prop 5)
- Human Sexuality (Colour Prop 6)
- Human Sexuality (Colour Prop 7)
- Human Sexuality (Colour Prop 8)
- Human Sexuality: Flower Activity (Black and White version)
- How adults plan and prevent pregnancy – Contraception and Condoms (Activity plan)
- How adults plan and prevent pregnancy – Contraception