Learning at this level is likely to be for children in P2, P3 or P4, but it can be earlier or later for some. It is the role of the teacher/facilitator to decide when a child or group should be learning at this level. The learning activities which follow relate to learning at this level. There are also some suggestions for additional resources and learning. When using any of the material posted here, please use the feedback form to share your experience of using it and any ideas for improvement.
Other key points about the learning activities here:
- We are redrafting material based on feedback. Where you see V2 or V3 for example, this means version 2, version 3 etc. When you comment on material please say which version you refer to.
- To support flexibility in delivery no timings are offered for the draft learning activities described here, the class/group may enjoy a lot of conversation or to spend time on related activities. In feedback, let us know whether this is helpful or not.
- The Activity Plans are not a script, they are a suggested approach with some proposed activities to support teaching and learning. If you are a confident practitioner, you might dip in and out of the activities. If you feel you will benefit from more of a structure, then you can use what is suggested. This may depend on the topic. Use feedback to let us know how you approached the learning and whether the activity plan provided what you needed.
- The content is organised by Curriculum for Excellence Level. As the teacher/facilitator decisions need to be made about when to introduce and deliver a topic. Within a Level you may want to re-visit content, we would like to know if the resource material will help you do that. In terms of progression across Levels this is supported by learning activities that address the same topic or theme and provide some balance of refreshing and building on learning – for example on topics like My Body or Friends and Friendship. Again, use feedback to let us know what is helpful and what could be better.
- We are actively seeking more digital content. It is not always easy to get copyright permissions, but if you know of good films, animations etc. let us know.
- To use the slides provided, first download/save as and then open from your download folder/desktop location.
- While we do all we can to ensure content is accessible across Local Authorities, there may be local firewalls that block some weblinks.
Thank you for being part of this exciting year. We look forward to your feedback.
- Learning at School (First Level information for parents and carers)
- Learning at Home (First Level information for parents and carers)
- Names of parts of my body
- Keeping clean
- Private and ‘PANTS’ rule
- This is how I feel
- Feeling safe
- I am unique: My self portrait
- We are all special: What makes us similar and different
- What is gender?
- What is disability?
- What is heterosexual? What is LGB?
- My friends/Being a friend
- Kindness and Empathy
- When friends fall out
- 1.6. My Family All our families are different (Activity plan) V2
- 1.6 All our families are different (Slides) V2
- People who are special to me
- When I have a question or a worry
- Professional people
- Safe and happy online
- Looking after plants
- Learning about life cycles
- Looking after pets
- How human life begins, pregnancy and birth
- What babies need
Click the link to download Curriculum for Excellence Experiences/Outcomes and Benchmarks for RSHP at First Level – FIRST LEVEL (Experiences Outcomes and Benchmarks)