Learning at this Level is likely to be for children in P2, P3 and P4, but it can be earlier or later for some. It is the role of the teacher/facilitator to decide when a child or group should be learning at this Level. An indication is given of content that could form the starting point of work, with progression to other topics also indicated.
If you have any technical difficulties with digital content, for example on platforms like YouTube, please check our Using digital content/URLS information. To use the slides provided, first download/’save as’ and then open from your download folder/desktop location.
To support flexibility in delivery no timings are offered for the learning activities described here, the children may enjoy a lot of conversation or to spend time on related activities.
The Activity Plans are not a script, they are a suggested approach with some proposed activities to support teaching and learning. If you are a confident practitioner, you might dip in and out of the activities. If you feel you will benefit from more of a structure, then you can use what is suggested. This may depend on the topic.
- Names of parts of my body
- Part 1: My body belongs to me
- Part 2: Private and PANTS Rule
- Part 1: My friends/Being a friend
- Part 2: Kindness and Empathy
- Part 3: When friends fall out
- Part 1: Looking after plants
- Part 2: Learning about life cycles
- Part 3: Looking after pets
- Part 1: People who are special to me
- Part 2: When I have a question or a worry
- Part 3: Professional People
- My family/All our families are different (Activity plan)
- My family/All our families are different (Slides)
- Part 1: This is how I feel
- Part 2: Feeling safe
- Part 1: I am unique: My self portrait
- Part 2: We are similar and different
- Part 3: Boys and Girls
- Part 4: Disability
- Part 5: Heterosexual/LGB
- Part 1: How human life begins, pregnancy and birth
- Part 2: What babies need