Learning at this Level is likely to be for young people in S1, S2 or S3, but it can be earlier or later for some. The learning activities which follow relate to learning at this Level. It is the role of the teacher/facilitator to decide when a young person or group should be learning at this Level. The learning activities posted at this Level provide progression on the material at Third Level. It may be this supports RSHP learning delivered in S3 for learners who would benefit from this progression – but as always the teacher/facilitator can work across Levels to meet the needs of the young people they know.
When using any of the material posted here please use the feedback form to share your experience of using it and any ideas for improvement.
Other key points about the learning activities here:
- The activities described are designed (approximately) for a 50-minute class/session.
- The Activity Plans are not a script, they are a suggested approach with some proposed activities to support teaching and learning. If you are a confident practitioner, you might dip in and out of the activities. If you feel you will benefit from more of a structure, then you can use what is suggested. This may depend on the topic. Use feedback to let us know how you approached the learning and whether the activity plan provided what you needed.
- The content is organised by Curriculum for Excellence Level. As the teacher/facilitator decisions need to be made about when to introduce and deliver a topic. In terms of progression across Levels, this is supported by learning activities that address the same topic or theme and provide some balance of refreshing and building on learning – for example on topics like Social Media or Gender or Being a Parent/Carer. Again, use feedback to let us know what is helpful and what could be better.
- We are actively seeking more digital content. It is not always easy to get copyright permissions, but if you know of good films, animations etc. let us know.
- To use the slides provided, first download/save as and then open from your download folder/desktop location.
- While we do all we can to ensure content is accessible across Local Authorities, there may be local firewalls that block some weblinks.
Thank you for being part of this exciting year. We look forward to your feedback.
- Learning at School (Third and Fourth Level information for parents and carers)
- Learning at Home (Third and Fourth Level information for parents and carers)
- Living together, Marriage + Civil Partnerships
- How do you make a relationship work?
- Qualities of a partner and talking about relationships
- 4.2 Sex – Pressure, pleasure and first time sex (Activity plan)
- 4.2 Sex – Pressure, pleasure and first time sex (Slides)
- 4.2 Sex – Having sex for the first time – Pleasure – Pressure (Activity prop)
- About STIs and BBVs
- Equality and Feminism
- Sexual harassment
- Sexuality and the idea of Sexual Rights
- Sexual Rights
- Would having a baby change my life? What do parents/carers need?
- Connecting with and nurturing your child
- The importance of play/The Babybox
Click the link to download Curriculum for Excellence Experiences/Outcomes and Benchmarks for RSHP at Fourth Level – FOURTH LEVEL (Experiences Outcomes and Benchmarks)